HASTI Hoosier Association of Science Teachers, Inc.
Saturday Virtual Workshops
Hosted by HASTI
Don't miss these PD opportunities for Hoosier teachers
November 5 - Science Notebooks, Jennifer Hicks, PUrdue, presenter
November 7 - Indiana Dunes workshop,
Sign Up: HERE
Check Events tab for further information:
Indiana Department of Education Seeking K-12 Educators For Climate Change Initiative
The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), in collaboration with the Purdue Climate Change Research Center and Purdue Developmental K-12 Outreach, is working to design a climate change framework that assists educators with teaching climate change and intersects with the Indiana Academic Standards for science and social studies. IDOE is looking for science educators to share their expertise in this process and curate climate change resources. This is a virtual event to take place on October 28, 2020 - October 29, 2020. Educators may receive up to 10 PGPs for their participation. Interested K-12 educators should complete registration https://bit.ly/37nXUUS. For questions regarding participation, please contact Emily Bruning. email@example.com
Save the Date:
Date: February 7-9, 2021
The conference is going VIRTUAL. Submit your proposals for the conference at the following link:
We are working with ICTM and they are hosting the proposal registration on their website.
Do you need some ready to go Science lessons for your students?
Check out NSTA's Daily Do lessons! A new lesson is posted each day and cover a wide range of topics!
· HASTI Ensures that voices of science teachers are included in decisions made at the state level that affect science education by having representation with the Indiana Department of Education.
· Collaboration with professionals and colleagues in your field in order to share invigorating stories and informative classroom successes or seek guidance from your fellow peers.
· Access to the member-only privileges such as: newsletter, journal/publication, grant, award, prize, standard and assessment notification, professional growth point, and/or board leadership opportunities.
· Discounted admission and/or membership to HASTI/NSTA, conferences, workshops, participating zoos and/or museums around the state.
· Become part of a long-standing science organization that encourages quality science teaching.
Meet your hasti president
Hoosier Association of Science Teachers, Inc.
Mission: The purpose of HASTI is the advancement, stimulation, extension, improvement and coordination of science education in all fields of science at all educational levels.
HASTI is a clearinghouse and provider of quality professional development for science educators, and serves as a voice for science education across the state. The association also promotes professional communication among science educators.
We invite you to join if you are involved in teaching science in any of the following venues:
We also offer Associate Memberships for businesses and organizations who provide products for science educators.
Sponsors wishing to support HASTI and its mission can learn more about sponsorships by emailing the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org