Hoosier STEM Academy - Teachers dual Credit
The Hoosier STEM Academy is a partnership amongBall State University,IUPUI, Purdue University, and Valparaiso University to provide continuing education STEM programs secondary teachers.
Hoosier STEM Teachers
Indiana STEM teachers who are teaching dual credit courses and need opportunities to complete graduate STEM courses may participate in the Academy. Courses are designed specifically to meet the needs of Indiana high school teachers, including courses that use online, blended, and/or distance education instructional designs,as well as traditional face-to-face options. STEM teachers who wish to participate must currently teacher in underserved Indiana school corporations oranIndiana school experiencing a shortage of qualified STEM teachers.
Upon completion of a course with a grade of C or higher,participants will receive a $1375 stipend to help cover the cost of tuition, fees,and/or materials up to 15 credit hours. All participants in the Hoosier STEM Academy Mentoring Conference in June 2019
Both programs within the Hoosier STEM Academy are now launching their 2018-19 programs. For more information on how to apply and register for courses at one of the partner institutions, please contact Kizmin Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a program/workshop proposal for the 2019 HASTI Annual Conference, February 17-19, 2019 at the Wyndham - Indianapolis West Conference Center. The theme of the conference is: STEM - Science Teachers Expanding Minds! Four strands are identified for this conference.
This year's strands include:
Integrating Science and Engineering
Integrating Science and Math
Two vital components of STEM are science and math. Math is the way that science is understood. Math is the language of science and the way data is collected and analyzed. Math gives science concepts measurable, communicable data that shapes our science understanding. They are natural pairs. Sessions under this strand will focus on partnering math and science concepts and lessons to help teachers integrate the subject areas.
Integration of Technology into Instruction
Presentations in this strand will address ways to incorporate the use of technology into instruction in order to enhance instruction and improve learning. Although the sessions may include the "how-to's" of using technology, the focus will be on the integration of technology to not only improve student engagement, but increase learning.
New guidelines have been established for session proposals. Read carefully the descriptions provided to determine what category to submit proposals. Each presenter is limited to submitting a maximum of two proposals.
Deadline for submission is: September 28, 2019. Any proposal submitted after September 28 will be placed on a wait list.
HASTI 2019 Conference Exhibit Registration
Exhibit booths are available on a first come, first served basis.
Each 10’ x 10’ booth space includes:
Refer to Exhibits Floor Plan when completing your booth registration. You will make three preferences for your location. HASTI will make every attempt to accommodate your request.
Exhibits Floor Plan
Exhibits Floor Plan
Refer to Exhibits Floor Plan when completing your table registration. You will make three preferences for your location. HASTI will make every attempt to accommodate your request.
Payments for booth/table rentals can be made by check or credit card. All checks should be made payable to HASTI and sent to the HASTI Treasurer. Credit card payments will be processed through Wild Apricot using Authorize.net.
Greg McCurdy, Treasurer
Cancellation Deadlines and Fees:
Administrative Fees will be applied for cancellations prior to January 21, 2019. Fee schedule is below:
(1) Booth Space - $150
(2) Booth Spaces - $275
(1) Table Space - $125
After January 21, 2019 exhibitors are responsible for full booth cost.
Booth rentals are contracted through HASTI. The Wyndham Indianapolis West offers electrical services as well as other special needs. George E. Fern Company offers many decorating and service options. Additional information will be sent once registration is completed.
Each exhibiting firm will be entitled to register four (4) representatives without charge. Exhibitors will be billed $50 for each additional representative. Staff badges are intended for exhibitors only.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Exhibit management will provide security personnel during the hours the exhibit area is closed. However, the exhibitor is solely responsible for his own exhibit material and should insure his exhibit against loss or damage.
2. Exhibit booths must be staffed during exhibit hours. Each exhibitor must wear an official exhibitor’s identification badge provided by HASTI.
3. HASTI reserves the right to make modifications to the exhibit hours as may be necessary to meet program needs.
4. The exhibitor agrees not to dismantle or pack his/her display before the close of the exhibit and subsequent designated tear down time.
5. Any exhibitor selling merchandise agrees to abide by all state & local tax regulations, and, if necessary, for collecting and submitting payment of sales tax to the appropriate legal authority.
6. Exhibitors, or their agents, shall not injure or deface the walls or floors of the buildings, booths, or the equipment of the booths. When such damage appears, the exhibitor is liable to the owner of the property so damaged.
7. Helium balloons are not allowed.
8. Any exhibitor wishing to offer food or beverage in their booth must make all arrangements through Wyndham Indianapolis West. Contact Kady Lane, Exhibits Manager for more information. Contact her at: ExhibitsManager@hasti.org